Call Center Customer Service Representative with 1-3 years of experience in field. Processes customer orders and provides support to both internal and external customers by ensuring a consistent high level of professional communication and customer service. Must have knowledge of commonly-used procedure. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Answer calls in an inbound call center to place/fulfill orders, resolve complaints, provide general product knowledge/information and answer questions.
2. Respond to calls, voice messages, emails and on-line chat requests that come into call center. Respond to the customer requests (both internal and external customers) with prompt, accurate and courteous responses.
3. Processes customer orders in a timely and professional manner received primarily by phone, email, fax, and mail by confirming pricing and inventory availability to ensure order accuracy.
4. Document and track call-related for auditing and reporting purposes.
5. Maintain and update customer information as necessary.
6. Processes direct ship product and custom made to order product orders for non-stock items by ensuring timely placement of purchase orders to vendors.
7. Processes product return requests for both inventory and non-stock items received from the customer. Directly communicates and obtains approval from purchasing, the supplier or manufacturer prior to confirming the return product acknowledgement to the customer.
8. Maintains relationship with core customers; anticipating needs and knowing customer specific characteristics. Communicates in a professional and thorough manner with all customers, sales reps, corporate staff, vendors, distribution center staff and freight carriers.
9. Provide direct support to the Customer Express Manager with projects, special assignments, etc.
10. Provides support to co-workers as well as other CFT’s (customer focus team) as needed to resolve customer issues and requests. Improves customer service satisfaction by integrating customer issues with internal departments (i.e. Sales, A/R, Sales Support, Purchasing, Distribution, Pricing, etc.) to ensure timely and complete issue resolution.
11. Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers.
12. Comply with all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Normal office working environment. Prolonged periods of sitting and looking at computer screen.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
1. High School diploma or GED required. Associates Degree preferred.
2. One to three years related Call Center experience preferred.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong customer service skills.
4. Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes.
5. Strong data entry skills.
6. The ability to multi-task.