Expand your diagnostic
The only one system for mammography and prone biopsy using the same detector. 2-in-1 system!
BIOPSY DIGIT is a high precision automatic, motorized stereotactic biopsy system designed for prone and upright biopsy.
The system has been designed as ideal complement of the Digital mammography unit Giotto IMAGE and GIOTTO TOMO series.
The conversion to prone unit is quick and easy. The stereotactic device “Biopsy Digit” simply slides in replacing the bucky. With a gentle movement the gantry tilts up to the horizontal position.
It is easy for the patient to get on the Mammobed: with a lower height of only 74 cm there is no need for additional steps. Push-buttons placed on both sides of the Mammobed allow it to raise to the desired height.
Thanks to the four wheels, the Mammobed can be quickly positioned and the breast centered using the floating table top. Once positioned and the brakes applied all the movements will be provided and you can start the stereotactic biopsy procedure safely.
Better lesion access
• Lateral arm and angled targeting provides superior chest wall 360° access
• Same Selenium detector for prone biopsy and Mammography imaging
Giotto Image + Stereotactic Biopsy = versatility:
• 360° access results in no repositioning of patient and quicker set-up
• Ability to choose the best possible approach to the breast using the dedicated gun-holders: frontal, frontal inclined and lateral guarantees that no area of the breast is inaccessible with the Biopsy Digit;
• Angled targeting provides superior chest wall access allowing biopsy of essentially all lesions.
• Lateral arm enables targeting of thinly compressed breasts, lesions close to the nipple and superficial lesions. It makes wire localization simple.
• Targeting using scout (0°) view combined with angled targeting allows easy target verification and lesion visualization even when needle is in place.
• Upright, prone, and lateral decubitus biopsy: greatest patient access and increased comfort
• Biopsy Digit: the most precise stereotactic tool
• Raffaello Biopsy drives you safely toward the optimum result
GIOTTO IMAGE 3D the most versatile tool: you are free to choose the best biopsy positioning for each patient and case. Only GIOTTO IMAGE 3D gives you the freedom to choose the biopsy procedure you select for any specific case. Prone, upright or lateral decubitus: there is no limit to the versatility of the Giotto Image.
Using the GIOTTO IMAGE 3D you can position a breast marker with the patient in any chosen position.
Biopsy Digit is compatible with all kinds of commercially available biopsy devices: all brands of VABBs and also fine needle aspiration (FNA) for cytology.
Biopsy Digit, the stereotactic device equipping GIOTTO IMAGE 3D, is the most precise system available on the market;the maximum deviation from the target does not exceed 0.5 mm. It is fully automatic, computer driven, motorized in X, Y and Z axis and is provided with a remote control for fine manual movements The flat table top, in case of prone biopsy, with less neck, shoulder and lower back strain provides superior patient comfort.
The graphic interface, Raffaello Biopsy, is sophisticated and a user friendly software assists the radiologist safely step-by-step to a successful result. Raffaello Biopsy is an error proof software, it allows an unlimited marking modality, mark on scout, and the original “Virtual Needle Positioning”. This useful tool enables the radiologist to decide whether to modify the access to the breast or the type and length of the needle without moving the patient. This is an extremely valuable time-saving tool.
- REQUEST QUOTE